Keweenaw Peninsula (Mich.)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Calumet and Hecla Mining Companies Collection
Frank Schwarzenberg Collection
Collection, 1901-1975, of Frank C. Schwarzenberg, a 1917 graduate of the Michigan College of Mines (now Michigan Technological University) in Houghton, Michigan. Includes maps and blueprints of the Houghton and Hancock area, geological maps of the Copper Range, clippings, mine reports, technical machine data and correspondence.
Joseph Austrian Autobiography
Autobiography, 1906-1908, of Joseph Austrian (Oestreicher), a German immigrant who moved to Eagle River, Michigan and became a shopkeeper associated with the mining towns of Eagle River, Hancock and Calumet. Written between 1906 and 1908, Austrian covers his life from his early childhood in Wittelshofen, Bavaria and his emigration to America with his sister in 1850 up until his final months before his death in 1908.
Quincy Mining Company Engineering Drawings Collection
Collection, 1860-1979, of the Quincy Mining Company in Hancock, Michigan. Drawings include commercial, domestic, industrial, and public buildings, machinery, subterranean maps, surface maps, transportation systems, utilities, and tools.
Quincy Mining Company Housing Photograph Collection
Photograph collection, 1998, black-and-white photographs taken in 1998 by Nancy Fisher documenting the remaining Quincy Mining Company housing in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan. Also includes photocopies of maps showing the different housing locations on Quincy Hill including Limerick, Pewabic, Lower Pewabic, and Sing Sing.